Sunday, January 28, 2007

Wind Chimes

The husband person has been sick for about a week (plus) now... I have been sleeping in the back bedroom affectionately known as the 'upstairs playroom'.

So, I won't catch whatever it is, that is making him feel lousy causing a compulsive need to describe his every sign and symptom of the plague that has befallen him.

So, I don't have to listen to the cacophony of sounds emanating from his phlegm filled head, throat and chest.

So, that I may read until midnight without disturbing him (in his sickness).

I must insert a little aside here to say that while physically well, I have been suffering a bit of the malaise myself. The winter blahs (maybe) or that extra layer of winter fat (maybe) or the fact that I have been busier than my lazyass cares to be. Whatever the reason, I haven’t been sleeping well. Therefore, to shuffle off to my own bed, in my own room at night was not a disagreeable prospect.

And this is how I discovered my neighbors have (not one, not two, but) THREE! wind chimes in their backyard. A lovely melodic, psychotic jumble of glass and brass and steel…jingle jangling thru the night as the arctic winter breezes whirl around the neighbors yard.

In self-defense, I seek solace by watching the playroom t.v. I have now watched ten days of Dr. 90210. I think I have figured out the reason for my glum. I am growing old and there is no stopping the process. Maybe Dr. Rey can help me.

...............................and maybe I can help him with his choice of suits.

No comments: