Thursday, February 15, 2007

Wasted Days and Wasted Nights

I thought I could soldier on, chug some electrolytes, and not let my family down. We were having dinner out to celebrate my mother-in-law’s birthday with the Valentine masses. I actually made it, thru the dinner anyway. They forgave me skipping the dessert and present opening and let me drag my sorry ass home.

Turns out I had good old fashioned influenza. I believe the medical term is "sicker than a dog." It all came down (or up) about two in the morning. I spent a wicked few hours in the bathroom. At dawn, I am (finally) in bed, my hero and husband and caretaker brings the pedialyte, to restore the electrolytes and get me back on my feet. He places it on the dresser instead of my nightstand. Four steps away. I lay in bed for 2 hours willing it to come to me, but too weak to walk 4 steps to get the bottle.
I hope this terrible stuff is avoiding you and I hope you are all well. I hear we had a beautiful day here today….be careful, it is still the 'cold and flu season'…hunker down and take care!

No comments: