Saturday, October 21, 2006

Wig Out!


I have an account at a very friendly little local bank. It's a first name basis..... how's your mom........ 'sure let me get that for you'...kind of bank.

One of the tellers keeps a glass bowl which holds
an orange betta fish (beta?). There is also some type of aquatic plant with orange glass rocks courtesy of Michael's, scattered at the bottom...

That orange betta fish, is one psychotic dude. lurking in the root structure of the plant, darting in and out if he thinks you are getting "in his space". I try not to make 'eye contact' with the little goofball.

UNTIL TODAY....

In preparation for a trip to see the kids and grandkids, I got out the 'Nemo' key ring I received as a gift from grandson last Christmas. I clipped Nemo onto my keys and set out to take care of errands. Those of you who are familiar with Betas, know where this is going, I had no clue. My first stop was the bank, stepping up to the teller with the fish bowl and set my key chain on the counter next to the fish. Happy, friendly nemo landing face forward to the fish bowl.
I don't think I have the words to do justice to the ensuing drama. This fish
began furiously slamming against the bowl, aiming for Nemo! Knocking over his plant, creating a small tidal wave and propelled! his little body right out of the bowl. "Lester!" exclaimed the teller (he had a name? who knew)...."Don't you know these fish are territorial! Please remove your keys.." complete with a surly look, directed at me.... as she scoops him up and puts him back in the bowl.
Okay, well he was floating a little suspiciously when I left (like lifeless).. I walked over to Pet Central and discovered 'orange' betas are $3.95 each.... blue are only 'a buck'.... I wonder if a timid blue beta would have been so freaked about an orange Nemo. Clearly, Lester was an Alpha Beta.....

you just can't make this stuff up....




2 comments:

A Life Inspired said...

That is so funny! Thanks for sharing!

~alva

Mx said...

You are very welcome...Life is like that....so very funny

Thanks for Looking and posting